Date: 15th February 2017 at 12:48pm
Written by:

Yesterday the inference being peddled by the media, and something we subsequently commented on, inferred that Marcus Rashford wasn`t a particularly happy chap at Old Trafford.

The speculation went on to suggest that the teenage striker was stalling on a new contract and might be looking towards heading out of the club in order to get more first-team action.

Well it transpires it was all a load of poppy-cock!

The popular local media vehicle, the Manchester Evening News has put the record straight by confirming that the 19-year-old does want to stay at Old Trafford.

Furthermore, it is pointed out that claims Rashford is stalling on a new deal are well wide of the mark, confirming that the striker hasn`t asked for a new deal and is content with the 4-year deal he put pen-to-paper to back in May 2016.

This season, so our source points out, Rashford has started on 14 occasions under Mourinho and has made an additional 14 appearances from the bench.

Although Rashford was such a hit last season, making his breakthrough around this time of the year, playing through the middle, the arrival of Zlatan Ibrahimovic has meant that the teenager has made just 4 starts up front and has been called upon to mainly play a role out on the left-flank.

On the scoring front, Rashford hasn`t netted in the Premier League since September 24th and his only goal since then came in the FA Cup against Reading.

But his drought isn`t concerning Jose Mourinho with the boss, according to our aforementioned source, enthusing about his young charge last Friday, remarking,

‘He said something the other day that made me really happy.

“He says he is learning so much in the technical meetings and training sessions so I think his future will be brilliant. His present is good and we need him.”


Hopefully that has put that particular piece of speculation to bed.