Date: 25th March 2020 at 9:44am
Written by:

Before the government clampdown on exactly what was required to halt the march of COVID-19, here at Vital Manchester United, we asked a posed an interesting question.

Based on an article we published – united-could-sign-somebody-who-has-featured-regularly-in-transfer-speculation-on-a-free-transfer – we simply asked, via our poll facility:

Would You Support A United Move For Gareth Bale On A Free Transfer?

the response was emphatic with 63% of the votes cast opting for the YES option with the remaining 37% going for the NO option.

Clearly, the appeal of signing the Welsh forward on a free transfer appeals to you even though he’d command a large salary.

But whilst not wishing to pour cold water on the majority that would like to see Manchester United push through a move, I can’t help but express my fears relating to his recent fitness record.

Do we, as a club, really want to bring in a player that, on the surface, appears to be injury-prone while also paying out a huge salary every week?

I await your comments on the opinion expressed above, in the comment facility beneath this article.

Previous article by Gary Boyoh

united-given-huge-boost-when-it-comes-to-a-potential-signing

 

Your Comment