Date: 27th August 2020 at 10:11am
Written by:

Yesterday, waking up to the sensational news that Lionel Messi had handed in a transfer request, at Barcelona, we felt it our duty to cover the situation.

Our article – manchester-united-could-complete-the-biggest-transfer-of-many-a-transfer-window – inferred that, already, Manchester United were being linked with the acquisition of the Argentine superstar.

However, some 24 hours later, it would appear the situation has changed.

According to The Express, Manchester United have the financial capability to pursue the 33-year-olds signature but, instead, would prefer to continue their pursuit of their main summer transfer target, Jadon Sancho.

Our previously mentioned article also contained a poll asking which simply asked:

Should Manchester United Sign Lionel Messi?

The response implied that 65% of those that voted were in favour of the signing with the remaining 35% against.

But, with it looking as if Messi will not become a regular feature at Old Trafford, matters could be set to take a turn for the worse.

Our friends at ” rel=”noopener” target=”_blank”>The Sun, are reporting that Lionel Messi‚Äôs dad is already in England and is set to discuss a two-year deal that would see his son join Manchester City!

Which leads me back to the all-important decision supposedly made by the Old Trafford hierarchy and their preference to pursue Jadon Sancho:

Who Would You Prefer United To Sign?

Jadon Sancho

Jadon Sancho

Lionel Messi

Lionel Messi

Please feel free to offer your views in the comment facility beneath this article.

Previous article by Gary Boyoh

Manchester United Set To Miss Out In Chase For This Young Defender

 

17 Replies to “Manchester United Hierarchy Come To A Decision Whether You Like It Or Not”

    • I think man utd should get coutihno, he’s proven in premier League, prefer him to Sancho, we need a striker too some one that can guarantee goals and be a back up incase of injuries (maybe Jimenez from wolves)and offcourse a defender Benoit badiashile
      But definitely think coutihno will be great for man utd

      • We won’t sign either. Our problem is the same as Spurs in that if the owners keep the club around the top four you still make a considerable income without the extra expense of trying to win the premier league. We need owners who are not there for how much they can take out of the club but ones like Man City owners who are desperate for success.

  • I don’t know if anyone hates the pattern Maguire defend, he is too dull to be in Manchester United, and the problem here is that Manchester United bored have been silent on this transfer window, I need man u to sign lipzin number 5 that guy is really good, forget Sancho, bring back our depay that guy still have alot to play and he is a very good footballer, and we need strikers like Patrick aber from arsenal, we should act on time, let’s not leave our hope on rashford and co .

  • United need to buy players for the long term, not pensioners and has beens like Douglas Costa, particularly when we are subsiding other clubs who will struggle to make new signings unless clubs like United clear out their unwanted players.

  • Sancho without a doubt. Why are we looking to buy 30 year old plus like Messi. he knows hes past his best and looking for a lucrative financial contract and Costa, injury prone just like Jones. Woodward and Glazers are too slow in the transfer market making us look like clowns, they couldnt sign a postcard to get back in time

  • This time round, from the look,if United fail to bolster the squad, even EUROPA League will be a challenge. Lampard and Arteta are doing well. So Ole, you are facing the sack sorry

  • I will prefer Coman of baryern,Thiago Alcantara and Upamekano or Davies Alaba.the fee for Sancho or messi will provide this great quality players.thanks

  • Manchester united should sign following players jadon sancho,david alaba,herlland and lionel messi manchester united is very rich enough to buy even first 11 squard….edwood we are waiting 4 u failure to that sale the club to somebody else u will take care4 it……

  • In the first place ,OLE is not a suitable material to manage Man Utd. Firstly, he cannot manage Sancho, let alone Messi,in his position, he cannot attract big players, it is as bad as that. He may not have the pedigree to impact positively on players taking them to the next levels. Players get stagnated or worse in his custody. No good or quality player would want to come to Man Utd under Ole ,unless ,for the sake of money. Get rid of Ole world class players will come ,Keep Ole world class players will scram. Do the needful first.Don’t expect him to do any better than the 3rd position he got by chance that’s his best ,expect the worse this season with him. I think, Ryan Giggs, Paul schools,should have been better options than Ole.

Your Comment