Tonight, Manchester United take on Brighton and Hove Albion, in the Friday night fixture.
Here at Vital Manchester United, we’re hoping that the long trek south will see United rewarded with the three points on offer and move them towards securing second-place, in the Premier League table, behind the confirmed champions Manchester City.
But, delving into the record and form books, do the statistics point towards a Manchester United win?
Here are a few fascinating facts to help you form your opinion:
• Manchester United, in the last 18 previous meetings with Brighton, have only lost on the 1 occasion, the loss coming back in 1982 when Brighton won 1-0.
• The last 4 encounters, between the two sides, have seen Manchester United win all 4 and without conceding a goal.
• Our hosts enter this game having not registered a win in any of their last 6 Premier League games.
• Manchester United enter this game having won their last 3 Premier League away games, they haven’t won 4 on the bounce since back in April 2017.
• This season, Manchester United have been beaten on the road at Newcastle United and Huddersfield Town, two sides who achieved promotion to the Premier League last season, a defeat away to Brighton this evening, would be the first time United have ever lost away fixtures to all three sides that were promoted the previous season.
• It’s May 4 and Manchester United are the only team who have yet to draw a Premier League game this season.
So, there you have it, which team do you believe the statistics favour tonight?
Please feel free to leave your view in the comments facility beneath this article.